Celebrate Canada Day Huntsville, Ontario - This event has already occurred
Monday, July 1, 2019 9:00 a.m. - 10:30 p.m.
88 Brunel Road, Huntsville ON P1H 1R1
View on Google Maps
- Community Events and Festivals
- Heritage and Museums
- Holiday Events
- Live Music
Huntsville Celebrations on Canada Day
Canada Day in Huntsville starts with streets decorated with thousands of Canadian Flags by Coldwell Banker.
- 9 am - Village at Muskoka Heritage Place opens (Admission is free to 11 am)
- Enjoy Peameal Bacon on a Bun* by the Lions Club on the Village Green
- Stroll the museum, First Nations component, live music with the Muskoka Concert Band, farm animals, blacksmith, General Store, ice cream* and homesteaders
- "Canada Up” with flags and temporary tattoos
- 10 am - Meet your Mayor and elected officials on the Village Green — and Huntsville's namesake Captain Hunt — along with the winner of the Mayor's Public Speaking Contest
- Enjoy Canada Day Cupcakes courtesy of Bullock's Independent served by Huntsville Town Council
- 12 noon - Wander down to the Rotary Village Station for the annual steam up of the Portage Flyer Train at noon and even catch a train ride* to Fairy Lake!
- 1 pm to 7 pm - Take a stroll to historic downtown’s River Mill Park where Hunters Bay 88.7 FM Radio presents "Canada Fest" free concert from 1 pm to 7 pm featuring Laganza, The Sean Cotton Band, The Stephen Stanley Band, The Rivers, Big Sweet Lou and Bexatron
- Enjoy all that Downtown Huntsville has to offer with local food*, craft beverage*, heritage, culture, music, arts, historic architecture, shopping*, parks, trails and free family fun
- 10pm - End the day at 10 pm with fireworks by the Huntsville Fire Department over Hunters Bay, musically matched on the Moose 105.5 FM Radio
Family friendly, all are welcome. Asterisk* indicates nominal fee. All other activities are free!
Our thanks to Heritage Canada, Town of Huntsville, Muskoka Heritage Place, Coldwell Banker, Lions Club, Hunters Bay Radio, Huntsville Fire Department, Moose Radio, Huntsville Lake of Bays Chamber of Commerce, Downtown Huntsville BIA and all of YOU!
Port Sydney Festivities on Canada Day 10am-3pm
Mary Lake Beach, 540 Muskoka Road 10, Port Sydney, ON
Port Sydney Parks and Recreation Group will be hosting Canada Day festivities on 1 July 2019 at Mary Lake Beachfront, Port Sydney from 10am to 3pm.
BBQ, sand castle building competition, face painting, games, t-shirt painting, DJ tunes and an appearance by the Huntsville Pipe & Drum Band.
In the event of rain, limited activities will take place at the Port Sydney Community Centre.